Print the Women in Physics Quick Reference Guide PDF
1. Students complete a pre-assignment including an internet search for physicists, reading 2 biographies of historical & modern physicists, and completing a reflection.
2. CRITICAL COMPONENT: Guidelines for Classroom Discussion are introduced or referenced.
3. Students participate in an interactive presentation, during which the teacher shares data on women in physics around the world and the class discusses the role of unconscious bias, society & culture.
4. CRITICAL COMPONENT: Students voluntarily contribute their own experiences with gender bias and synthesize conclusions in a discussion with the entire class.
5. Students come up with strategies to support diversity in physics and are asked to enact the best strategies proposed.
6. Students complete a reflection on their views after the class discussion.