1. Pre-survey and matching matrix
Students complete a brief pre-survey and matching matrix to determine areas of interest for their future careers.
Print (or prepare digitally) one pre-survey & matching matrix per student:
2. Match with relevant physicist profiles
Using data from their pre-surveys and matching matrix, students are matched to relevant physicist profiles, which they will then research and discuss with the class.
Print (or prepare digitally) for the students to read 1-2 physicists profiles they matched with:
For further matching content/resources check out the STEP UP online community! If you're not already registered, click here to sign up. It's FREE!
Log in to access these materials:
- Instructions on (beta) Matching Website created by Lauren Delwiche (a Discussion post)
- Clickable PDF version of the matrix & profiles (in the Library)
- Google Sheet version created by W. Brian Lane (in the Library)
- Ideas on running the lesson remotely (a Discussion post)
- Or post your own question about the Careers in Physics lesson!