DSOFT Future Investigator Travel Award Call
DSOFT is awarding travel grants of up to $500 to students, postdocs and early-career scientists who are presenting their soft matter research at professional conferences.
Eligible FIT award applicants must:
- be a DSOFT member
- be an undergraduate, postbac, graduate student (MS or PhD), or postdoc
- be presenting their research in the form of a talk or poster
- be presenting their work at an APS meeting (March, DFD, etc), regional conference, Gordon conference or other AIP conference (Biophysical Society, Society of Rheology). Requests for conferences hosted by a for-profit institution or another professional society of similar standing as APS (e.g., ACS, AAAS) will not be considered.
- Submit their application at least 60 days prior to travel
FIT applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Preference will be given to applicants from groups typically underrepresented in physics and who have demonstrated financial need.
- Complete this APPLICATION >60 days prior to travel.
- Request that your research mentor / PI complete the FIT Recommendation Form by directing them to this page or sending them this link: https://forms.gle/LLCnZvvuQAw2Lzox7
Award notifications will be sent within 30 days of application submission
Within 90 days following the conference, awardees are required to submit the following:
- Description of experience (<200 words)
- Copy of poster/talk that the funding supported
- Photo from conference or research graphic with brief caption
- Permission for DSOFT to use any of these materials in their newsletter, website, and/or Facebook page
Questions? Contact DSOFT Secretary/Treasurer Rae Robertson-Anderson at email@example.com