GPER Bylaws Modification
View Revised Bylaws
GPER is proposing a modification to the bylaws. The changes:
- Eliminate the requirement of a business meeting. (In this we follow the Forum on Education, which similarly does not hold a business meeting. We are committed to regular communication and discussion with GPER membership through electronic means.)
- Move the responsibility for electronic communication with GPER members from the vice chair position to the secretary/treasurer position.
- Clarify the rules of succession and election in the case of various possible vacancies in GPER offices.
- Explicitly state that it is the responsibility of the chair to present a budget at the beginning of the year.
- Correct and improve grammar and vocabulary in various minor ways.