Strand 3 - Conference Organizer Grants
Objective: To support successful organization of PER-focused conferences, and the development of early-career PER researchers at such conferences.
- Proposals should enhance the visibility, status and diffusion of physics education researchers and physics education research in physics departments and the broader physics community.
- Proposals should be able to achieve at least one of the following:
When individuals are being selected to receive the award (e.g. travel support):
- add value to GPER members by supporting their research, networking, professional development, etc.
- have the potential to increase membership in GPER.
- Recruitment and selection criteria should be equitable and inclusive.
- Recruitment and selection criteria should take into account whether a research group has previously benefited from PERLOC or GPER funding.
- Support for graduate student and early career attendees
- Speaker travel and/or honoraria
- Workshop materials and stipends
- Submission by conference/session organizers on behalf of attendees/speakers/etc.
- Proposal aligns with stated criteria.
- When individuals are being selected to receive the award (e.g. travel support), selection should be made by conference organizers (not by GPER)
- Budget up to $700
- Application deadline: November 15
- Notification will be made by: December 15
- Funding must be spent within 12 months of notification.
- GPER will support APS+GPER membership for up to 4 graduate students or early career non-members who are directly benefiting from the conference award, in addition to the stated budget
- If no strong applications are received in a particular year, GPER is not required to fund any proposals.
Please submit a proposal with itemized budget (maximum of 2 pages) addressing these criteria, via the application form below.