About the Topical Group on Magnetism and its Applications
The American Physical Society Topical Group on Magnetism and its Applications, or GMAG, represents one of the fastest-growing scientific sectors of the APS.
Membership in GMAG not only helps you keep up with the fast-paced field of Magnetism but also provides the following features:
- A convenient way to connect with other members of the magnetism community
- The GMAG Newsletter, distributed biannually
- The opportunity to shape the GMAG-sponsored sessions and symposia at the March Meeting, 94 sessions in all for 2019. The Magnetism sorting category received 840 abstracts, which is ~8% of all the abstracts submitted.
- Access to GMAG-sponsored graduate student awards and sponsorships
- Potential to increase the number of invited talks on magnetism at the March Meeting
- Potential to increase the number of APS Fellows sponsored by GMAG
- The opportunity to help shape the future of Physics in the US by participating in GMAG-sponsored student outreach activities and Congressional visitations.
Become a GMAG member/Invite a colleague to join GMAG! Membership in GMAG is an annual investment of only $10 for APS members. For a limited time, GMAG will waive this fee for one year for new GMAG enrollees who are currently APS members. For more information about this special offer, contact us.
Note: GMAG membership is free for current student members of APS (up to two Divisions or Focus Topic groups).