GIMS Travel Grants
GIMS is able to provide a limited number of travel grants for students or postdocs who are attending the March Meeting to present a paper in one of the GIMS sponsored sessions.
- Applicants must be an active student or postdoc at either an accredited degree granting institution or a government research laboratory.
- Applicant must be the first author of a paper in a GIMS sponsored session at the March Meeting.
- Applicants must be APS members.
- $500 in travel funds: this covers travel, accommodation, and food. Awards do not cover registration fees.
- Award selection(s) will be announced six weeks after the paper assignments to sessions have been made available to the GIMS Member-at-Large.
- Award selections will be made by the GIMS executive committee and will based on the quality of the paper and the applicant's CV and recommendation.
- Funds will be disbursed to awardees upon receipt of receipts and completed APS travel and expense report. Send receipts and report to Chair Joseph Hagmann.
- Funds will be disbursed directly to awardees by APS. Please allow 6 weeks after receipt of expense report.
How to Apply
Submit the following application materials by February 14, 2022, to GIMS Chair, Joseph Hagmann. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Application letter including:
- Abstract, including title
- Log # and sorting category of submitted abstract
- Description of the applicant’s role(s) in the paper
- Applicant contact information including name, institution, address, phone, email
- Itemized estimate of expenses
- Applicant’s CV, this should include other publications
- Letter of recommendation from the applicant’s faculty advisor--may be sent separately from application materials
- Paper being presented. This may be only the abstract if that is all that is ready. However, a full paper provides better information upon which to base an award decision than an abstract alone
Email: GIMS Chair Joseph Hagmann, or GIMS Secretary/Treasurer, Zahir Islam.