Subject to availability of funds, DFD is offering grants of up to $200 to support childcare costs and/or assistance for those with disabilities so attendees can participate in the 2020 virtual meeting and/or breakout events without interruptions.
Deadline is 11:59pm ET on October 16, 2020.
- Applicants must be members of the APS Division of Fluid Dynamics.
- Priority will go to graduate students, postdocs, and early career professionals.
Examples of Allowable Expenses (Non-Inclusive)
- Extra child/dependent care expenses at home incurred because the primary caregiver was attending the meeting (such as overtime at a childcare center, cost of a sitter, etc.)
- Cost of hiring an interpreter or transcriber.
- Screen-reading or transcription technology purchased specifically for the meeting.
Examples of Unallowable Expenses (Non-Inclusive)
- Regular home-based child/dependent care expenses.
- Meeting Registration.
- Meals/Food during the meeting.