Register now for the virtual 2021 APS Annual Leadership Meeting!
Join us virtually on Thursday, February 4 and Saturday, February 6 for the APS Annual Leadership Meeting. Registration is free; APS membership is not required. Please share with anyone who might be interested.
We think you will be particularly interested in attending:
Saturday, February 6
Federal Policies to Strengthen Science in Service to the Nation
3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. ET
- Representative Bill Foster (IL, 11th District)
- Former Representative Bart Gordon (TN, 6th District)
- Sir Peter Knight, Imperial College London
- Neal Lane, Rice University, former OSTP Director/Science Advisor to President Clinton, former NSF Director
- Sethuraman Panchanathan, Director of the National Science Foundation
- Ellen Williams, University of Maryland, former Director of ARPA-E
Communicating Science to Nonscientists in the Post-Election & Post-Pandemic World
12:00 p.m. - 1:15 p.m. ET
The full program is available on the website.
- Alan Alda, Stony Brook University, founder of Alan Alda Center for Communicating Science
- April Burke, Lewis-Burke Associates LLC
- Brian Greene, Columbia University
- Cailin O'Connor, University of California, Irvine
- Kip Thorne, California Institute of Technology