Dear DPOLY Members,
At this year's virtual March Meeting, DPOLY will be using the platform SpatialChat (https://spatial.chat/s/TryMe) for all of our networking events. This platform allows attendees to wander around a virtual room and chat with others in small groups. If you are close to another person you can hear them; as you move far away, they become quieter by an inverse square law, until you can no longer hear them. We hope the platform will allow for informal discussions of the kind that are so vital to the March Meeting experience. Note that this is very different from a zoom call, and that SpatialChat works best with the Chrome Browser (if you have sound or video issues, try using an “Incognito” window).
Virtual networking events will include:
- Sunday, March 14, 3-5 pm CDT: DPOLY Reception
- All are welcome! March meeting registration not required. Come by and catch up with all the friends and colleagues you have missed seeing this year, and help us to celebrate our award winners.
- March Meeting Orientation Room: During the reception, we will have a room dedicated to tips to getting the most out of the March meeting. Further details to come. Recommended for new attendees.
- Wednesday March 17, 5 pm Japan (JST, UTC+9): DPOLY Asia Reception
- Prof. Hiroshi Watanabe and Prof. Kenji Urayama have graciously offered to host a reception at a time convenient to DPOLY members in Asia. We note this will be morning in Europe. All are welcome!
- Wednesday, March 17, 6-8 pm CDT: Early Career Social Hour for students, postdocs, and early career faculty
- All week, Monday March 15- Friday March 19: DPOLY "Hallway Networking" rooms
- Mon-Fri, 11:00 am - 2:30 pm CDT; Mon-Thurs 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm CDT
- join other attendees in the DPOLY SpatialChat rooms to chat
- the room you first land in will be a general reception space
- there will be a room for each technical session that occurred that day, so you can find other people with similar interests to talk with
Go here to join all DPOLY networking events: https://spatial.chat/s/dpoly-march?sp=macromolecules
DPOLY Program Committee and Executive Committee