Register now for the virtual 2021 APS Annual Leadership Meeting!
APS President Sylvester Jim Gates, Jr. and APS CEO Jonathan Bagger invite you to join us virtually on Thursday, February 4 and Saturday, February 6 for the APS Annual Leadership Meeting. Registration is free; APS membership is not required. Please share with anyone who might be interested.
We think you will be particularly interested in attending:
Thursday, February 4, 2021
Effecting Change: Individual Actions and Leadership
2:30-4:30 p.m. ET
This event focuses on how individuals can lead to effect change, particularly to increase diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI). The discussion will begin with motivation-in this case, self-reflections on the value of diversity. We will then learn from the experiences of individual activists who have worked to increase DEI in physics, and will end with a discussion of how individuals can support organizational change.
- Ed Bertschinger, TEAM-UP & APS-IDEA
- Nadya Mason, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Lance Cooper, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- Jessica Esquivel, Fermilab
- Arlene Knowles, American Institute of Physics
- Michelle Lollie, Louisiana State University
- Brian Nord, Fermilab
- Gina Quan, San Jose State University
- Brian Shuve, Harvey Mudd College
- Risa Wechsler, Stanford University
The full program is available on the website.