Virtual Joint Spring 2021 Meeting of the Texas Sections of APS, AAPT and SPS Zone 13
Texas A&M University – Corpus Christi
April 8-11, 2021
On behalf of the Local Organizing Committee, I would like to invite you to the Virtual Joint Spring 2021 Meeting of the Texas Sections of APS, AAPT and SPS Zone 13 held remotely by Texas A&M University – Corpus Christi during April 8-11, 2021.
Keynote Speaker – Professor Steven Weinberg, University of Texas at Austin – Nobel Laureate and 2020 recipient of Special Breakthrough Prize in Fundamental Physics.
Confirmed plenary speakers are: Dr. Gabriela González, Louisiana State University; Brad Conrad, SPS; Bouakham Sriri, 2020 PhysTEC Teacher of the Year; Monica Plisch, APS/PhysTEC.
The following topics are planned during the meeting:
- 01.0 APS: Applied Physics and Engineering
- 02.0 APS: Atomic and Molecular Physics
- 03.0 APS: Biophysics and Medical Physics
- 04.0 APS: Condensed Matter and Plasma Physics
- 05.0 APS: Data Science and Computational Physics
- 06.0 APS: Optics and Laser Science
- 07.0 APS: Astrophysics and Space Science
- 08.0 APS: Nuclear and Particle Physics
- 09.0 APS: Physics Education Research
- 10.0 APS: General Physics
- 11.0 AAPT/APS: Physics Education (application)
- 12.0 AAPT/APS: Physics in the Era of Pandemic
- 13.0 SPS
Please consider giving a talk and encourage your students to participate and give an oral presentation or present a poster.
Special SPS sessions are designed for undergraduate students:
- How to conduct a job search/interview in 2021
- Choosing a graduate program
- Crafting the perfect resume
We are also excited to invite you to register for TSAAPT workshops:
Please encourage your physics teacher contacts to attend the conference and register for the TSAAPT workshops.
- Here are a few TIPERs for you in this Pandemic
- STEP UP Physics Together Workshop
- The Power of Quantum Computing: Duetsch-Jozsa Algorithm
- What’s New and Interesting for Physics Teachers at PASCO
- The Two Golden Rules of Quantum Mechanics
- ALPhA Advanced Lab Workshop (the Texas Section ‘Mini BFY’)
- Affordable Circuits Kit 2.0
- Perimeter Institute: Evidence for Climate Change Workshop
- Current Software from Vernier and How to Use It: Graphical Analysis Pro and Vernier Video Analysis
- Promoting Physics Teaching as a Career and Physics Teacher Preparation Programs in Texas